Brutal Honesty

Monday, March 20, 2006

I Meet A Man With My Dream Job and a Rough Tourney Start


So the Law Review put on a symposium last week on one of my favorite subjects, Sports Law. Needless to say I was more than excited when I found out that one of my idols would be the key note speaker. I have been reading and agreeing with Chad Ford on ESPNinsider for the last 5 years. Not only do I agree with his opinions but I also have found his insight into the happenings of the NBA to be right on.

Not only did I have the privilege of listening to Chad address the symposium, but I was extra lucky when Shane(having heard about my love of all things Chad), arranged for me to drive him to the airport. During this hour drive I was able to pick Chad's brain about virtually any NBA topic that I wanted to know about. I have to say that after meeting Mr. Ford I can declare that he is the real deal. For any of you that are interested in reading what Chad has to say, you can sign up on ESPN.com. His service costs money but not only do you get access to insider but you also get a free subscription to ESPN the magazine. All in all I think that it is a pretty good deal.

As for the tourney I got 67% of my picks right. Unfortunately I had some hope that USU would be able to pull off the upset. Basically the chances of picking the tourney right are about the same as winning the power ball. Who would have predicted that Bradley, and George Mason would have made it into the Sweet 16. You've got to wonder when the Missouri Valley Conference has as many teams left as the SEC. I guess that all these upsets are what makes the tourney truly March Madness!

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger a random John said...

Details? What did you talk about on this ride? Did he seem to like you? Did you ask for a job?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home