Brutal Honesty

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Lack of Good Bread


Anyone who has lived abroad or spent any amount of time out of the USA(Europe or South America) has noticed that life revolves around bread. Why is it that we as americans have decided that we will be satisfied with terrible bread?

While spending some time in Italy this summer we were able to eat amazing food on a daily basis. However, I think the thing in the culinary department that we miss the most is the bread. Here is a simple picture of a delicous breakfast that conssited of some sweet bread and an excellent beverage.

While I am complaining I might as well mention why don't we have any cool old school bridges? I mean would it be too hard to build something like this?

3 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Tia said...

Nice pictures. I have to agree with you 100% about the bread. As I was saying last night--I could eat good bread for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Maybe you should learn how to cook that Italian sweet bread so that you could make it for me. What do you think??

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger riggity said...

regarding the bread - you are correct. In my scientific opinion, I think it is great, and great for you.

regarding the bridge - actually, it isn't that hard to make something like that. I made something similar just recently.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger a random John said...

there is a complete dearth of good bread here in Sandy. At least I'm not aware of any. We eat crap bread and not often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home