Brutal Honesty

Sunday, February 12, 2006

True Love


As Valentine's Day is approaching, I decided that maybe it's time I actually posted something on this blog since my name is in the title. It's been interesting to think that our time here in Oregon is most likely drawing to a close. We have really enjoyed our time here the past 3 years, and I really think it has brought us closer as a couple. I can now truly say that Peter is my best friend. With that in my mind, I think perhaps we have become such good friends, that we have started to become a little bit of the same person. In keeping with Peter's blogging style, I've compiled a countdown "list" of the top 5 reasons why Peter is becoming a girl.

Reason #5. He uses my flowery, smelly hand lotion on a nightly basis. The other night when we got into bed, I had to ask what that perfumey smell was. (It was his hands)

Reason #4. We record the Bachelor every Monday night so we can watch it on Tuesdays. The other night, I was yelling at him to come to bed, but he could not tear himself away from the Bachelor, even though he knew full well that we would watch the entire episode the next day. He said that he "Had to see what happened" OKAY.....

Reason #3. The other day I happened to come home early from work and Celine Dion was blasting in the apartment and Peter was singing aloud at the top of his lungs. (This is actually not true, however, I thought a list of 5 things was better than 4).

Reason #2. I came home one day to find my brand new Oprah Home magazine sitting on the bathroom counter next to the toilet, which is a clear indicator that it had been read for probably at least 1/2 hour. This magazine is all about home furnishings and decorating. You be the judge.

Reason #1. And....the moment you've all been waiting for.....the #1 reason that I think Peter is becoming a girl.....last night when we were hanging out with some friends, he casually said the word "panties" multiple times in a conversation. Our friend Shane sat there, shocked. In my life and in my experience, most guys cringe at that word and refuse to ever use it. Yet Peter was just throwing it around like it was completely normal.

So...there you have it. Happy Valentine's Day!!

8 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger riggity said...

the fact that he spends a solid half hour on the toilet (see reason #2) should be enough to counteract at least one of the reasons. so, since one was openly false, and one is counteracted, that leaves only three reasons. and that's still enough.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger slink said...

The countervailing reason is so strong that it proves my manhood. Only a manly man spends in excessive of an half-hour on the can.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Tia said...

while I agree with your thinking that only a "manly man" would spend so much time on the toilet, I failed to mention that Peter also takes hour or longer baths on a regular basis (4-5 times a week). So, in my opinion, nothing is counteracted!!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger riggity said...

ouch. a long bath is actually worth like 15 points on the girl scale. sorry.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger a random John said...

The bath thing is genetic. It is somehow linked to Grandma Huber's giant red bathtub. We had a reasonably good bathtub in Boston, but the new one rocks. I defy any man to resist it.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Em N. said...

popped on to show mike the blog and are rolling laughing at this "post" if you will! Too funny! Peter, you never stop making us laugh... hope we're not catching you "on the can" or "in the bath" right now...

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger FishHead said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger FishHead said...

Well, I have to agree that Peter is a woman, but for a reason not mentioned yet on this post. Not only does Peter throw around the word "panties" with impunity, but he also worries about his "weight problem." It is a sad day when 1) a random stranger will comment on a man's weight, and 2) when the man gets offended at that comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home