Brutal Honesty

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The School of the Prophets


People often refer to BYU as being the Lord's University, yet they seem to have run into a hard time beating the Utes the last several years. I think that it might have something to do with the fact that the entire 1st presidency are Ute Alumni. While they aren't as outspoken of their love of all things Ute related as I would want them to be one member of the quorom of the 12 is, Joseph B. Wirthlin.

I saw Elder Wirthlin at the Fiesta Bowl and I thought it was one of the coolest things of all time. Here is a little article about how the U decided to honor this great beacon of Ute Football:The Coolest Blog Ever Pertaining Solely to Seeing the Brethren!

So apparently I haven't learned to have the link function actually work, but here is the url, I don't knwo where the original article is to actually verify it but I assume it is true. http://ldsapostlesighting.blogspot.com/2006/03/elder-joseph-b-wirthlin.html

3 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They might as well paint the temple red.

GAs earning Bachelor Degrees:

Gordon B Hinckey - Utah
Thomas S Monson - Utah
James E Faust - Utah
Boyd K Packer - USU
L Tom Perry - USU
Russell M Nelson - Utah
Dallin H Oaks - BYU
M Russell Ballard - Utah (no degree)
Joseph B Wirthlin - Utah
Richard G Scott - GW
Robert D Hales - Utah
Jeffery R Holland - BYU
Henry B Eyring - Utah
Dieter F Uchtdorf - Germany
David Bednar - BYU

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger a random John said...

We're missing a link here. My thoughts on BYU are well known and I don't see much point in rehashing them here, but I'll add that the athletics dept has been more of a distraction from the "mission" of the university than anything else as of late.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger riggity said...

When I was at Ricks (sometimes referred to, by me only, as Rick's, with a possessive apostrophe, b/c I think it is way funnier that way) I learned that although BYU is "the church's" school, Ricks is "the lord's" school.

Now, Ricks has completely disbanded its athletic program haven't they? So that should tell you what the lord really thinks of school sports.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home