Brutal Honesty

Thursday, January 19, 2006

2nd Hand Smell


While I find the habit of smoking to be completely disgusting(including the devastating health effects to the smoker and non-smoker), there is in my opinion a more debilitating consequence on us non-smokers. That is the putrid stench that eminates from the smoker. While sitting in class today I nearly dry heaved half-a-dozen times due to the foul odor of my neighbor. Not only were his clothes, and hands saturated in complete filth, but his breath could have removed the paint from my car.

As I was attempting to keep my lunch in my belly the perfect cartoon depiction of my classmate crossed my mind. I totally dislike the Peanuts, and have never found them to be amusing or found that they teach some sort of edifying life lesson. However, the image of Pigpen describes the odorous man sitting next to me to a T. What with his smell visibly trailing his body. Needless to say the smell became exponentially magnified as he remained stagnant, seated next to me.

1 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger a random John said...

I was in the SLC airport on Thursday and was walking along with two girls in front of me and to my left suddenly got very excited, exclaiming with joy, "Look at that!!!" The pointed and then suddenly darted to the right, cutting me off.

What caused such excitment and rudeness? The smoking room. As I walked by one of them was complaining that it wouldn't do them any good because neither of them had a lighter. The turned away dejected. I am not sure why they didn't consider asking any of the dozen or so people in there for a light. The people already smoking lit their cigs somehow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home