Brutal Honesty

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ice Ice Baby...



Obviously this is not my foot, but something similar. Although I don't shave my legs often, they don't usually get this bad.

So....yesterday as I was walking down the driveway to get into my car to go to work, I totally biffed it. My leg bent at the knee and went behind me and all of my weight landed on my ankle. As I was laying on the end of the driveway, I frantically called Peter and told him to come home and take me to the doctor. Hearing the panic in my voice, his first thought was "Has Romey been hit by a car?"

As I laid on the driveway pondering what my next move was, my neighbor drove by and stopped to help me back up to the door. When I stood up, I started to completely black out. At which point two other neighbors came over to help. They layed me on the ground and covered me with blankets. By this point, the first neighbor had gotten concerned and called 911. So, pretty soon, the whole fire truck squad was there. Luckily, by the time they arrived, I was feeling much better and could actually see out of my open eyes and so I asked them to cancel the ambulance. They helped me into the house and then Peter came to take me to the doctor.

Are you kidding me? Talk about causing a scene. This was so embarassing. Not to mention a major inconvenience. I was just getting stoked about skiing over Christmas break and now I'm not so sure that is the best idea. Luckily it was just a bad sprain and not a break, but I feel like an old lady hobbling around here. This is the first time in my life I have ever sprained anything. So it looks like the next two days will be full of tivoed Oprah and Ellen shows and I guess I can finally get to those Christmas cards.

5 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger FishHead said...

Poor Tia! I hope that you're up and about soon, so that you can vigorously hit the slopes by the holiday vacation. Make sure to have Peter do everything around the house, including emptying out the bed pan.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger whit said...

Funny, that I was going to write the same thing Fishhead wrote... Poor Tia! I hope you are okay. I am not sure how many falls you have taken in your life, but the two I have heard about have been pretty intense. I guess if you are going to fall, fall hard and make a scene. That stinks about skiing. Timing is everything. Feel better soon.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger maWeesa said...

TIA... I felt so bad yesterday when we chatted on the phone... I hope you're feeling better...

Two positives of your situation...
1) John Tucker Must Die
2) Bossing Peter around (not that he usually won't do what you want, but ya know, you have to use your injury to your advantage -- maybe you can get a little shopping out of it!)

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Tia said...

Thanks for the sympathy votes folks. I have to go back to work tomorrow, but I'll be sure to put Peter to good use as my slave as much as I can.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Brianne said...

T-I am sorry to hear about the ankle! I hope it isn't as ugly as Jake's was this summer!

I have been trying to get a hold of you...call me when you have a sec.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home