Brutal Honesty

Thursday, June 29, 2006

World Cup Madness

Once again the Italians have advanced by the slimmest of margins. I suspect that they will take care of the Ukraine on Friday and advance to face either the Germans or the Argentines. Personally, I hope that Argentina wins, because I like Hernan Crespo.

I can't see Italy winning the whole thing because they aren't offensive minded enough. If I was the coach I would make sure that Inzaghi saw the field a little bit more and I would make sure that Totti is in. For those of you who don't know and have been watching the games the pronunication of names has been terrible. Francesco Totti is one of the best players in the world yet the announcers are constantly saying his name as Taw-tee, instead of the correct pronunciation of TOE-TEE. Regardless, I assume that I am the only one up in arms of the terrible pronunciation. Nevertheless, Italy beats Ukraine 2-0, advances past Argentina 1-0 and loses in the final to Brazil, 2-1.Here is a great picture of Totti winning the last match against Australia that I pilfered off of my sisters blog.

1 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger maWeesa said...

i'm glad you gave me credit for the pic...sucker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home